With the 2014 Grammy Awards behind us, it got us thinking…
“This freaking thing sucks!”
In fact, this was our **slightly explicit** reaction:
We dig into our premise with a look at the last few years of Grammy Awards in the form of a LIST!
Why The Grammys Are Awful
1. This List Exists:
Artists Who Have Never Won A Grammy
To summarize the above link, artists include: Led Zeppelin, Queen, The Who, and Jimi Hendrix
2. They Force Non Trending Artists Of Yesterday, Like Madonna, To Mix With Popular/Trending Music Of Today That Clearly Doesn’t Fit.
Result: Man Raps While Recently-Bitten-Walking-Dead-Extra-Woman Sings: (Watch @ 4:18 of below)
3. Stupid Sh*t Like This Happens And Comes Off Eye-Rollingly Cliche And Anything But Ground Breaking: (Watch @3:30 of above video)
4. Who Keeps Giving This Guy A Microphone and Hosting Privileges?
Nothing Against LL, but is he really the most qualified applicant of the last 3 years?
And when does Dave Grohl or Jack Black take the mic?
UMH Says: “Hire Serj Tankian for an unforgettable Grammy Experience”
5. Some Adult Let This Happen
You’re Not Worthy!
6. This Kind of Crap Happens to Respected Musicians:
7. Why Did It Take almost 50 Years For The Beatles To Get a Lifetime Achievement Award?
How are The Beatles any more significant this year as opposed to last…
or 5 years ago… or 10 years ago?!
8. We Have Had To Sit Through ‘Ground Breaking’ Performances Like This:
The F*ck I Just Watch?
9. It’s Basically An Excuse For The Music Industry To Suck It’s Own D*ck Of Mediocrity With More Mediocrity…
The One Reason Why The Grammys Are Exceptional:
This Video Exists: